Friday, August 18, 2006

Morning meeting? Is this a homechool or a Fortune 500 company?

When I taught kindergarten I called our little 'circle time' the 'morning meeting.' I don't know why I called it that...maybe because there was no way I was going to let 20 five year olds surround me with a circle. (You never turn your back on five year olds...you could die a humiliating, painful death). So this is what the girls and I will do first thing every morning.

Morning Meeting


Calendar

months

days

year

skip counting 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s, 10s

numbers 1-20, 1-30 etc.


Alphabet/Phonics

letters/sounds

short/long vowels/silent e

schwa

chunks

(2nd semester)

vowel digraphs, ai, oo, au...

consonant digraphs, ch, ph, th...

vowel diphtongs, au in cow, oi in boil..


Sight Words



We'll probably cover more than this...shapes, our phone number, make sure they've got those colors down, etc. I'll add to this list as I think of things we need to cover. This will give me a starting point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home